Thursday, October 15, 2009

i am a runner

last weigh in i was down 5 pounds. feeling better... taking it slow.

i stayed after school on tuesday for my first run. ran for 30 minutes -- walked twice -- feel very sore... sore in places that you don't think should get sore from a run, like my abs and my hip joints and my ankles. as much pain as i am in, i am so glad to have started the running process again. i really (although you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at me ...) love to run.

when i was at baylor, in one of about a million awkward stories, i actually said to someone when they asked me what i like to do for exercise: 'i am a runner'.

this was followed by my room mate, jen, looking at me and buckling over in laughter. then i started laughing. then the sweet girl i was telling (who became another room mate... sarah) looked at us both in total confusion. then i had to confess that, although i enjoy jogging for exercise, i probably can't call myself 'a runner'.

since then, jen and sarah have loved probing me about 'being a runner'...

i do hope one day to run a marathon... it has always been a goal. maybe then i can officially call myself a runner. until then, i will keep plugging along with my little jogs to try to get back in shape. the goal is to start staying after one day a week for a run, one day a week for zumba, yoga on saturday mornings... and walks with p in between. this seems to be all i can muster for now.

4 comments:

  1. Carrie you make me laugh! Keep up the good work. Love, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are doing great!! proud of you friend. and hey if telling yourself your a runner gets you out on the track then go on telling yourself that. i tell myself i am sporty when i work out at the gym. i just want to be sporty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Courtney! I call myself scrappy, so that if I'm ever in a fight, I'll have the confidence to stick around for at least a few blows.

    Consequently, I want to run a half-marathon at some point, so if you need a running mate, let me know! You're on your own for the big dog, though! :-) Keep it up, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Carrie!!! I love that story!!! So funny!!! I think I might start running too. Do you want to run a half-marathon together? Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete